[Tutor] Help with graphics please

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Apr 24 11:17:09 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 03:57:58PM +0800, Ivor Surveyor wrote:

> I request help in locating the graphics module "graphics.py"

Have you tried searching for "Python programming by John Zelle
graphics.py" on any of the major search engines, like Google, Yahoo or
DuckDuckGo? That should always be your first stop for any question.

I believe that this will give you the file you are after:

http://mcsp.wartburg.edu/zelle/python/

> the command "import graphics" elicits the response module unknown.

No it doesn't.

If you're going to learn programming, you will need to be pedantic about
reporting the *precise* error messages you get, and not paraphrase them.
The error message you get is almost certainly something like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named graphics

(although the middle line is probably different).

Now in this case I knew what you meant, it wasn't terribly difficult to
work that out. But believe me, there are people who come here, or on
other mailing lists and help forums, and give utterly undecipherable,
incomplete, or even incorrect error messages, and thus send us on a wild
goose chase trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Good luck and have fun!

--
Steven