[Tutor] Genetic module recommendations?

Modulok modulok at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 21:24:49 CEST 2012

List,

I'm looking for a good genetic module. (Stable, well documented, pythonic,
etc.)

I'm writing a breeding simulator where users select parent organisms to breed
based on traits they favor, e.g: eye color, height, etc. The human player is
the fitness function. I guess this is "artificial selection"? After breeding
the user gets an offspring which carries traits from its parents.

It's only a game and a crude approximation of nature at best. However, the
algorithm has to be stable enough this can go on for several hundred
generations without entropy reducing to the point of haulting evolution. On the
other hand, I don't want so much entropy that it's reduce to a random search.

Before I write my own, I thought I'd ask to see if there was a third party,
de-facto standard Python genetic module. Or at least one that is highly
recommended.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Modulok-