[Tutor] New Re: Clearing Python text

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 16:38:58 CET 2012

Further to previous comments, It is also preferred to send emails to
this list in plain text rather than html. This is because it protects
the formatting of Python code and works better with all possible
mail-clients/news-readers/archives etc.

On 14 December 2012 15:25, Waters, Mike [ITSCA Non-J&J]
<mwaters at its.jnj.com> wrote:

> Hi Tutor,
>
> I am using Win 7 ,Python 2.7. Interpreter.
>
> To state my challenge : When I have filled a page with values and text until it reaches the bottom of the screen, how can I highlight this and remove to allow further entries? I have seen John Guttag do this but he seems to be using a MAC.

It's still not clear what you are referring to. What piece of software
is responsible for the "page" you are referring to? The Python
interpreter itself does not have a "page".

If you run Python in a terminal, then the terminal shows a page of
commands and output. If you run Python commands in IDLE then you will
be typing your commands and viewing their output in the IDLE page. If
you edit a .py file then your editor will show you a page (although
the file itself is not really divided into pages).

Can you please clarify very specifically what this "page" is and/or
what you are doing that leads to the page being there?

Oscar