[Tutor] help

Randy WhiteWolf randywhitewolf at ymail.com
Thu Dec 27 13:07:05 CET 2012

I am an older newbie teaching myself Python programming. I copied the code # Emonstrates escape sequences. This exercise is on page 22 of the Phthon Programming for the Absolute Beginner by Michael Dawson. I have copied the code verbatim below.

# Sound the system bell
print "\a"

print "\t\t\tFancy Credits"

print "\t\t\t \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\"
print "\t\t\t\tby
print "\t\t\tMichael Dawson
print "\nSpecial thanks goes out to:"
print "My hair stylist. Henry \'The Great\', who never says \"can\'t\"."

raw_input ("\n\nPress the enter key to exit.")

My problem is I hear no system bell; the enter doesn't respond by quitting the program; The problem with the program code the enter key hasn't worked in earlier programs.

I appreciate any advice I may recieve with this coding glitch.

Sincerely,
Randy