[Tutor] general basic question

ken brockman krush1954 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 18:33:54 CET 2012

> Using pickling I have somehow managed to save two separate lists, but the
> dictionary is giving me much more of a struggle.

Well do post back if you don't manage to solve your issues (with full
error messages & stack traces as relevant please.)  Re dictionaries --
I actually forgot to mention, there's a specialized type of dictionary
class available in Python, called a "shelf", implented/available via
the "shelve" module, which is basically a dict with pickling built in.
See here:
http://docs.python.org/library/shelve.html

HTH,

Walter

Walter, you're the man.
I've read of the shelve command. Not that i understood it, but i've read it. I'm going to hit the books and google some more before i waste anymore of your time. But if i can't sort it out, I may just take you up on your kind offer.
Have a good day .
Ken