[Tutor] What made Python differ from other Languages?

Carlos Daniel Ruvalcaba Valenzuela clsdaniel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 18:20:59 CET 2012

Just to express my opinion on the matter which is cannot stress
enough, Python does not only come with the kitchen sink, it comes with
a very useful kitchen sink, most of the standard library modules are
very useful and not just random additions, I take for example a
comparision against C#, I had to process some XML files from email
attachments, you cannot do this in C# out of the box (there is no pop3
or imap library, only XML handling), in python there is buildin pop3
module and xml processing, thus the time I invest on looking for a C#
pop3 library (or creating my own) I already got it done with python
and core modules, plus there is a standard way of searching, getting
and installing modules which makes developing with python a bliss.

To sum up, python is also different because there is a large amount of
libraries and code to harness, making it easy to work with, fast to
develop and flexible enough to cover different application types.

Regards,
Carlos Daniel Ruvalcaba Valenzuela