[Tutor] Checking if a GtkEntry is empty

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Sat Feb 25 00:10:48 CET 2012

>if txtSearch.get_text() == "":
>    print "The entry is empty"

>This didn't work. So I thought, maybe I need to reference self and tried:

>if self.txtSearch.get_text() == "":
>    print "The entry is empty"
>Neither worked. What am I doing wrong?

Please post a more significant code sample as I have no idea from this,
but at least one of those should have given you an error. Always include
the full error (including stacktrace) you get from Python. Use copy/paste
and do not try and retype or rephrase it. Do not attach a file as many users
of this list do not receive attachments.

Welcome to the list!
Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423