[Tutor] roman to arabic

Cranky Frankie cranky.frankie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:41:41 CET 2012

Walter Prins <wprins at gmail.com> wrote:

<<A quote worth mentioning here is:  "If you need more than 3 levels
of indentation, you're screwed
anyway, and should fix your program." --  Linus Torvalds>>

I've always wondered about this quote. I'm thinking it means you might
want to have functions or subroutines, depending on the language, to
do big chunks of logic, so the main control flow is clean and easy to
read, like "structured programming" in COBOL. Still, every language
offers almost unlimted indentation, so it's up to the programmer to
not use it?

Frank L. "Cranky Frankie" Palmeri
Risible Riding Raconteur & Writer
“How you do anything is how you do everything.”
- from Alabama Crimson Tide training room