[Tutor] Issue with Python 2.7.2 - beginner needing help

tonyelle tonyelle1 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 10 09:38:18 CET 2012

Hello!
I am just beginning to learn Python from the book Starting Out With Python - 2nd Edition.  I have read and completed exercises up to page 45. I am currently learning how to display multiple items with one call to the print function.        ex: 1 # This program demonstrates a variable.
           2 room = 503
           3 print('I am staying in room number', room)

           Program Output:
           I am staying in room number 503
However, when I type this out exactly as shown, my program output looks very similar to line 3.
         My program output should look like:   I am staying in room number 503         BUT, it looks like this:  ('I am staying in room number', 503)
How can this be fixed?  I need help and can't find any information when I search the web.  I don't know if this is a problem that can be fixed or if it is a problem at all.
I know I have a limited Python vocabulary and it may be hard to understand my question. I tried to explain as clearly as possible. If you can understand my issue and have the time to answer my question, I would greatly appreciate it. I would rather not continue my lessons until this is resolved.
Sincerely, Tonyelle Evans