[Tutor] Installing Modules

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 18 19:24:22 CET 2012

On 18/01/12 18:07, Downey, Patrick wrote:

> I'm trying to use numpy and scipy.

I'll leave those specifics to those who use them, but...

> specified by the environment variable PYTHONPATH." Unfortunately, I haven't
> figured out how to look at PYTHONPATH, so I don't know where it's looking.

Do it at the Windows level.
The easiest way to see it is probably to start a CMD window and type SET
PYTHONPATH
at the C:\WINDOWS> (or whatever path it reads) prompt.

You can also do it by:

Assuming you are using Win2000 or XP you do that by right clicking My
Computer and selecting Properties. Go to Advanced and click Environment
Variables. Look for the PYTHONPATH one in the list and select it.

Vista and Win7 might vary slightly...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site