[Tutor] appending to a file on a new line

ADRIAN KELLY kellyadrian at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 19 16:04:40 CET 2012

guys,
its a text file i am writing to and when i write the first time its fine, i get 3 lines of input collected from a user and written to my text file, however if i run the program again the next 3 lines begin at the end of the previous users details.  It works fine but starts from where the pointer left off.  i dont know how to solve this.  where do i put the '\n'?  to be honest the .join i dont understand but otherwise it prints as a list e.g. ('name','age','etc')
Adrian