[Tutor] delete an object from method (was Tutor Digest)

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Sat Jan 21 16:27:34 CET 2012

On 01/21/2012 09:58 AM, George Nyoro wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I've been making an application and have made a delete method where the
> user can delete the instance of that application. e.g. if I have a table
> object, I need to be able to delete that instance from within the class and
> then it becomes accessible.

If you're going to misuse so many terms in one query, you'll need to
supply some code, and tell us in what way it doesn't serve your needs.

In the meantime,

1) Post a query by addressing it to "tutor at python.org," not by replying
to  a digest message.  And if you must reply to a digest message, at
least change the subject.  Thanks, though for deleting the digest content.

2) How do you expect to delete the instance of the application?  It's a
funny term, but the only meaning I can come up with is you want to kill
the application's process.

3) What's a table object?  If table is the name of your class, it really
ought to be uppercase.

4) "from within the class" --  I'm guessing you mean from within a
method of the class.

5) "then it becomes accessible" -- perhaps you mean inaccessible.

6) Please tell us the version of Python you're using and the operating
system you're running on.

--

DaveA