[Tutor] Setting Network settings from Python/Djang

Ganesh Kumar bugcy013 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 10:23:00 CET 2012

I'm working on a simple web interface for an embedded computer. The
computer will ship with a static default ip that will then need to be
updated by the install tech who may not be tech/linux savvy.

Basicly I need to change the following system settings from a Django app.

   1. IP Addres
   2. Subnet
   3. Default Gateway
   4. DNS Servers 1&2

I realize that I can could just overwrite the config files in linux but I
was wondering if there is a more "Python" way of doing it.

I want any ready to use module is there, please guide me.

-Ganesh.