[Tutor] Python with HTML

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Jan 29 13:17:54 CET 2012

t4 techno, 28.01.2012 11:02:
> I want to make a web page which has to include some python script and html
> tags as well, am not getting how to do that .
> I searched some articles but cant understand them .
> is there anything like linking an external html file into python script ?
>
> Can u please help for same
> waiting for your instructions or some links that can help me

As others have pointed out, your request is not very clear. I agree that
client side Python in a browser is not the best approach, but if your
question is about server side HTML generation from Python, you should
either look at one of the web frameworks (a couple of them were already
mentioned), or use a templating engine. There are plenty of them for
Python, here is a list:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating

There are also plenty of web frameworks, BTW. They are better than plain
templating engines when your data becomes non-trivial and comes from a
database etc.

Depending on what you actually want to do (note that you only said *how*
you want to do it, not *what* you want to do), you should also look at
content management systems like Plone.

Hope that helps,

Stefan