[Tutor] sitecustomize

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Mon Jul 2 23:17:52 CEST 2012

On 07/02/2012 03:17 PM, Ali Torkamani wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm absolutely newbie, and appreciate your help, I'm using Spyder, some
> times it randomly get the following error:

The first place I found Spyder was here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPYDER which is an anti-aircraft system
based partly on the Python-5 mssile.

But presumably you mean:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/spyder

> 'import sitecustomize' failed; use -v for traceback
>
> while, I'm not importing and have no idea what is importing it,

site is automatically imported by Python during startup.  It lets you
customize things in a global way before starting your particular
script.  And one of the things it does it to import sitecustomize

See this link:
http://docs.python.org/library/site.html

and also:
http://www.doughellmann.com/PyMOTW/site/

My guess is that something's wrong with your Spyder installation, and
you should check on their mailing list.

But the first thing you might do is to add -v as your error message
suggests.  For some reason Spyder is hiding 3/4 of your error.

--

DaveA