[Tutor] newbie Questions

Matthew Ngaha chigga101 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 14:09:01 CEST 2012

Hi all. I'm new to Python and Programming in general. I've started out with
Python for beginners, and so far so good. My friend who i might add, is not
a programmer but has had experience in the world of programming (i dont
know how much but he claims a lot), has told me to forget about Python and
focus on PHP. He knows i studied a HTML and CSS course and told me for the
direction i'm going in, Python is not needed and won't give me all the
options or variety PHP can. Thats he's opinion, i'd rather make my own mind
up, but its lead me to these questions out of curiousity:

a) at this early stage i dont exactly know what web options are:(  but is
Python limited when it comes to matters relating to Web options/developing?
b) Are there better options, or can Python get the job done as good as any?
c) after completing and understanding a beginner's book, would i be at
intermediate level, or still below?
d) Would i need a more advanced tutorial, what do you advise after
finishing a beginners course?

e) And finally, are there other essential things i must learn after Python?
i heard Django is important?
f) is Django the equivelent to PHP's MySql?

You dont have to answer all questions. Just answering one would help me
greatly in my future decisions, as i want to commit fully to the right
programming language.

since this isnt a forum, how can i thank everyone for helping?