[Tutor] newbie Questions

Monte Milanuk memilanuk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:44:40 CEST 2012

Probably the single biggest 'problem' with Python for web development, in
my opinion, is that while a lot of web hosts have all sorts of PHP
templates or frameworks installed and ready for easy deployment... Python
options seem to be a bit sparser.  Individual hosts may vary, but thats the
overall sense of things that I've gotten

Please note I'm not saying that there are fewer Python options overall, or
that its in any way inferior... just a matter of market penetration.  PHP
has been one of the big dogs in open-source web development for a while,
merits or warts aside.  Python might be arguably 'better' in various ways,
but momentum in the market place is hard to ignore.

I'm guessing your friend 'sees' more PHP out there than Python too, hence
his recommendations.