[Tutor] Pydev + Remote System Explorer (RSE) : problems with local imports when working localy

learner404 learner404 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 14:02:26 CEST 2012

Hello List,

I'm very happy with PyDev plugin for Eclipse as a Python IDE (I'm on
Eclipse 3.7, WinXP with latest Pydev).
Recently I've installed the Remote System Explorer plugin for Eclipse which
adds the ability to edit remote files on a server when I need it (awesome).

Unfortunately it's messing my ability to work on some Python
files locally on my PC (those with local imports):
File "C:\Documents and
Settings\myaccount\workspace\RemoteSystemsTempFiles\LOCALHOST\c\Documents
and Settings\myaccount\workspace\myprojet\myfile.py", line 50, in ?
ImportError: No module named mymodule
(it works only if I "python myfile.py" in the command shell)

I know some people of the list are using Eclipse and maybe they use RSE too.

Do you know if I can easily deactivate RSE so I can run a python script
normally (without the *localhost* inserting in the path) ?
Is there a configuration to do to keep both ?

I've tried to switch form perspective "remote systems" to perspective
"pydev" but I have the same problem.

Thanks.

francois