[Tutor] Question about autocomplete functionality

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 21:01:08 CEST 2012

Hi All,

I wrote a small utility several months ago to easily search a project list
(an excel spreadsheet) by project name or number etc. However I am thinking
of expanding it with the following sort of functionality - the ability to
add 'tags' to a given project (tags being just simple descriptive words
about a given project).

However, this is only really useful if I can keep a running list of all
tags that have ever been entered and use a sort of autocomplete
functionality to make them quicker to enter. And to reduce the number of,
and discourage the use of, 'almost duplicate' tags.

Are there any resources out there (libraries, tutorials etc) that could
help me figure this sort of autocomplete functionality out?

Thanks,
Richard