[Tutor] web design and python

Tamar Osher emeraldoffice at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 03:53:35 CEST 2012

I have many questions, and eagerly ask you to please respond to me.  I value your expertise, and greatly appreciate you taking the time to share.  I want to find out, in elaborate detail, about the Python/Django relationship to web design.  Why does a person or a company seek out and choose a Python-Django website, instead of Drupal, or Joomla, or Wordpress, or something else?  What is the description of the unique, small niche that Python/Django has in the world of web design?  Who are these individuals and companies that want Python/Django/TurboGears websites?  What is the Python/Django/TurboGear relationship to "responsive web design" (which means the website is beautifully, perfectly view-able on all sizes of screens, including a smartphone, an ipad, and a desktop). What are the pros and cons of choosing Python/Django/TurboGears, compared to other web development options, such as Drupal, Joomla, and Wordpress?  Is it really true that Python/Django websites cannot use just any web hosting service, and are more expensive to maintain?  I have read several books about Python web development, and have extensively researched online, but have not found any of this information.  It would be nice if someone could write a full article about this, to explain the true, current situation and realistic 2012 options to beginners who don't have degrees in computer science.  I am very, very eager to hear from each one of you.  THANK YOU for your time and help!