[Tutor] Python and web design

Tamar Osher emeraldoffice at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 05:43:57 CEST 2012

Could someone please be my mentor or career counselor, and share with me some of your experiences, and answer my wonderment questions?
As a web designer, how did you push away and bypass the masses of people shouting "WORDPRESS, WORDPRESS", and "DREAMWEAVER, DREAMWEAVER"?  How did you get drawn into Python web design?
I learned Python and thought it was sort of obvious, simple, and easy, although I have not done anything with it after reading about it.  But Wordpress - to this day, it is a 100% waste of my time.  I want to be a web designer, but not with Wordpress or Joomla.  I have learned html5, CSS3, and responsive web design.  I like CoffeeCup html5 editor, and like Concrete5 CMS.  I have not learned Django because it is not yet Python version 3.
As a Python web designer, are you an employee of a company, or do you instead have your own private practice, providing contracted services to individual clients?  What kind of websites do you build?  Who hires you? Large companies, small businesses, individuals?  Who would NOT want a Python/Django website?  Do you work from home, or do you drive into the office, or do you travel around to visit clients?  Do you basically only use Python and Django, or instead do you have to also know a whole bunch of other stuff?  For instance, do you HAVE to know SQL, or is it just a fancy extra?  Do you know Javascript?  What are the minimum skills needed to become employable as a Python/Django web designer?  Concerning Python programming, do I have to be skillful enough to actually create, design, and write my own Python code, or can I just find/copy/paste code into the website?  As a Python web designer, do you work on the front-end or the back-end of a website, or both front and back?
Can you give me direction and advice on how I can make money with Python/html5/CSS3 skills?