[Tutor] Passing numeral result of a defined function to a named value

Joseph Hines link6746 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 08:51:00 CEST 2012

Hello. Sorry to bother you, but I'm self-teaching myself python, and having
difficulty with a script I'm writing to auto-calc various derived stats for
a PnP game I am hosting soon.

I need to pass a numeral result of a defined function to a "named" value
(not sure if that's what it's called)

The offending segment of code is this:

XP_Per_Level_Base = 20-int_mod
> XP_Per_Level_Limit = 5
> try:
>     def XP_Per_Level_Calc(XP_Per_Level_Base, XP_Per_Level_Limit):
>         if XP_Per_Level_Base < XP_Per_Level_Limit:
>             return XP_Per_Level_Limit
>         else:
>             return XP_Per_Level_Base
> XP_Per_Level = XP_Per_Level_Calc(XP_Per_Level_Base, XP_Per_Level_Limit)
> except ValueError:
>     print "Script B0RK3D, Link Shall Come to Town."
>     print "send him a message at Link6746 at gmail.com"

#Calcs XP per Level#

If you need the whole script,  I'd be glad to send it to you, just promise
me not to divulge too many details of it
(It's regarding a custom PnP system that I'm planning on releasing under
the Open Gaming License, and I'd prefer not to risk it becoming a
proprietary system for someone I don't know)