[Tutor] FW: python dictionary and loop

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Thu Mar 1 00:41:29 CET 2012

Please do not top post and also please remember to reply back to the list.

>Okay thanks for clarifying that that code doesn't split anything. I've been playing around a little bit. I think this is closer to what I am trying to do:
>['This is line one', 'Let me show you how']
>{'This is line one': 'Let me show you how'}
># wouldn't the above code capture what I am trying to do as far as split the string 'paragraph' into two sentences and then create a dictionary {d} that will separate the two sentences so that one sentence {first_sentence} represents a key value and the other sentence {second_sentence} represents the value of the key?

Yes. it does seem to. What is the reason that you want to do this though?
I usually use this when loading some tabular data like from a csv/Excel file.

Not sure I see the point when done for a 'paragraph'.

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423