[Tutor] Refactoring

Christian Witts cwitts at compuscan.co.za
Thu Mar 8 14:37:06 CET 2012

On 2012/03/08 03:13 PM, Ejaj Hassan wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have been hearing this refactoring of code. Well does it  have
> any thing like this in Python and if it is then what is it all about.
> Thanks.
> Regards,
> Ejaj

/"Refactoring is the process of changing a software system in such a way
that it does not alter the external behavior of the code yet improves
its internal structure."/ -- Martin Fowler in Refactoring: Improving The
Design Of Existing Code [1]

As for Python IDEs that have built-in refactoring tools, I know of
PyCharm [2] which handles it.

[1] http://martinfowler.com/refactoring/
[2] http://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/features/
--