[Tutor] Python using RXVT vs Konsole?

brandon w bbbgggwww at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 16:22:01 CET 2012

Up arrow does work in other applications. The only application that it does
not work in is konsole.
I actually do not care for konsole that much. I think I will just use some
other terminal.

I found this on the Internet:

The interpreter's line-editing features usually aren't very sophisticated.
On Unix, whoever installed the interpreter may have enabled support for the
GNU readline library, which adds more elaborate interactive editing and
history features. Perhaps the quickest check to see whether command line
editing is supported is typing *Control-P*, or the *up-arrow* to the first
Python prompt you get. If it beeps, you have command line editing; see Appendix
A <http://pytut.infogami.com/node15.html> for an introduction to the keys.
If nothing appears to happen, or if P is echoed, command line editing isn't
available; you'll only be able to use backspace to remove characters from
the current line.

http://pytut.infogami.com/node4.html

konsole somehow disabled command line editing.