[Tutor] import pygame

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Tue Mar 13 01:13:24 CET 2012

On 03/12/2012 07:25 PM, Tamar Osher wrote:
> Hello.  I cannot successfully import third party modules.  I have tried various things and searched online.  Pygame is installed on my Windows 7 computer at C:\python32\pygame.  Can someone please help me?>>>import pygameTraceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<pyshell#24>", line 1, in<module>     import pygameImportError: No module named pygame

There are a number of places to install packages, but that's not one of
them.  Normally, you'd install them one level down, in dst-packages.

Anyway, you can see the search path of Python, interactively.

Start python, import sys, and print out sys.path    that's the search
path that Python uses to find imports.

There are various ways to modify that, but I don't know what pygame uses.

--

DaveA