[Tutor] Any book to study Python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 19 09:30:32 CET 2012

On 19/03/12 07:38, Yan, Xianming wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm a new learning to python and does not know python anything at all.
> Anyone can recommend a book about python to read? I prefer a paper-based book, not online book.
> By the way, I'm from china, I hope the book is Chinese--:)--Reading in Chinese is quicker~:)

My book is aimed at complete beginners but is a little out of date now
being based on Python v1.5. But it was available briefly in Chinese so
you might be able to find a copy. It is still available in Japanese
although that probably doesn't help much!

Here is the url:

Or on Amazon:

It is also available in a greatly expanded and up to date version online
at the url below.

Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site