[Tutor] Permissions Error

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Mar 26 01:52:19 CEST 2012

Michael Lewis wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> If I've created a folder, why would I receive a permissions error when
> trying to copy the file. My source code is here:
> http://pastebin.com/1iX7pGDw

The usual answer to "why would I receive a permissions error" is that you
don't actually have permission to access the file.

What is the actual error you get?

> When I check the properties/security of the file in question, the system
> says I have full control.

This does not sound like a Python problem, but an operating system problem.
What OS are you using?

You should check the permissions on the folder, not just the file. Also, if
you OS supports it, check any extended permissions and ACLs that might apply.
Can you copy the file using another language, e.g. using powershell, bash or
applescript? Also check that you are running the Python script as the same
user you used when creating the file.

--
Steven