[Tutor] Auto-response for your message to the "Tutor" mailing list

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun May 13 10:17:18 CEST 2012

On 13/05/12 07:21, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Devin Jeanpierre wrote:
>> This is the third time I've received a message "for those of you new
>> to the Tutor list". When does it stop?

I think these come when the listserver gets a message from a mailbox it
doesn't recognise. It puts the mails in the moderation queue and sends
the message(it used to send one to the moderators too but seems to have
stopped doing that! :-(

So if you are not subscribed to the list, or are subscribed but using a
different mail address then you get one of these messages.

I think.... But the settings of the sever are cloaked in mystery! :-)

And that reminds me that I haven't checked the mod queue for over a week
- oops!

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site