[Tutor] hello~

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Tue May 15 17:45:34 CEST 2012

>as you can see i only use some of the command. it doesnt produce an error message tho.. just repeats "return Error("<b>%s</b> I couldn't find %s anywhere", user.name.title(), name.title())"

Your problem might be is indenting of the else. It is indenting
to be a for...else loop. Which means that if nothing breaks out of the
loop it will always do what is in the else (which in this case returns
Error[...]) after the loop has finished running through the rooms.

        for room in mgr.rooms:
                if data[1] == "join":
        else:
                        return Error("<b>%s</b> I couldn't find %s anywhere", user.name.title(), name.title())

Why are you looping through the rooms and checking if data[1] == "join"?
You do not even use the room object in the loop, and target is not defined
in the local scope, although I suppose you meant to use room instead.
This loop just "smells" to me.

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423