[Tutor] table to dictionary and then analysis

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu May 17 11:12:05 CEST 2012

On 17/05/12 08:39, Russel Winder wrote:

> Interesting, or not, the "Big Data" people are rapidly realizing that
> data mining and SQL are mutually incompatible.

After many years working with big data mining teams/apps my considered
opinion is use SAS or one of its peers! It costs money but it works.
And the savings in development time far outweigh the costs. And if you
have to manage 100TB or more then the costs of SAS licenses are likely
to be the least of your worries! And if you are really serious about it
run SAS on top of a Teradata $torage $ystem...

Note:
I have no commercial connection with either company, just an admirer of
their technology solutions.

:-)

--
Alan G