[Tutor] While learning Py: To IDE or not to IDE?

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Mon May 21 00:29:10 CEST 2012

On 05/20/2012 06:19 PM, boB Stepp wrote:
> On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Brian van den Broek
>> I am an emacist, myself. But some of my best friends are vimists.

Will pray for your soul...

> But since you brought it up, I'll ask a somewhat more general
> question: Why do you prefer an editor instead of a graphical IDE?

Because I work on a Winderz desktop at work but have to connect to my
servers via ssh. So terminal enabled programs are better for me.

Because my hardware at home is so old that your average Gameboy has more
computing power and better graphics.

Because I'm too cheap to pay for much of anything I can't touch.

And mostly because I don't make myself program as much as I want to and
spend what little time coding actually in the code. Since I claim to
want to be a programmer I need to do programmer stuff.

Leam