[Tutor] Using a Blackjack Chart...

Ken G. beachkidken at gmail.com
Tue May 22 14:52:24 CEST 2012

I would like to create a Python program in the manner of an using flash
card format.
That is, a question is asked and you can respond according and you will
be notify if
you are correct or incorrect.

Using such format stated above, I would like to create a Blackjack
program.  I wish
to utilize a 'cheat sheet chart' format that provide the proper response.

The chart has 10 rows across, being identified as the dealer's up card,
from 2 to
10 plus Ace.

There are 23 columns indicating the player's cards being shown, such as
8 to 12,
13-16, 17+, A2 to A8 and 2,2 to A,A.

Each row and column would indicate either Hit, DD (Double), S (Stand)
and SP
(Split).

How can I best utilize such a chart in the Python program?  Lists,
Tuples, Dictionary
or perhaps, a database format such as SQL?  I tried using MySQLdb but
was unable
to use it since I am using Ubuntu 10.04.4 (Linux) as my main OS.  My
other OS is
Windows XP.

Thank you for any suggestions or guidances.

Ken