[Tutor] Python 2.7 Static Version and Postgresql

Opher Lubzens opher.lubzens at gmail.com
Tue May 29 20:26:53 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Walter Prins <wprins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 29 May 2012 14:40, Opher Lubzens <opher.lubzens at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I presume you can't develop on a VM which is less restrictive by any
> chance?  How about setting up something similar to Movable Python or
> Portable Python on a disk (or disk file, or USB key, or ISO image or
> whatever, something that can be accessed by the VM's you want to test)
> that is less restrictive than static Python?  As you can tell I'm
> resisting the static Python route as I expect that route will
> ultimately require you to rebuild static Python yourself with the
> needed Postgres modules/libraries included, and I suspect that path
> will likely be harder than setting up a distribution of Python that
> can be moved about easily and re-used on the VM's you're trying to
> test.
>
> Walter

That actually might be workable- I'll have to look into it. I'll have
to understand them better then I do after a brief look in their
webpages and check whether they're compatible with our specific flavor
of OS, since both of these are Windows oriented according to their
pages, but this may be a good answer for what I need.

Thank you for your help,
Opher Lubzens