[Tutor] syntax errir (was need help)

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 22:47:04 CET 2012

On 11/1/2012 5:24 PM, Matthew Ngaha wrote:
welcome

a few requests to make your experience wonderful:
- provide a meaningful subject so we can track the correspondence.
- reply-all so a copy goes to the list
- put your responses following the text you are responding to rather
than at the top
- give us enough information so we can duplicate what you are doing.
> working through my tutorial ive been told to set up a simple
> webserver. i can't even get started because the 1st line of code its
> asked me to do fails with a syntax error. here's the code:
 > python3 -m http.server

what OS are you running?
you call this code. It appears to be something one would enter at a
terminal or command prompt.
what did you do to run this
exactly what error did you get?

my guess is that you tried to run the above as a python program (e.g.
within IDLE or at a python interpreter prompt.

The more info you give us the easier it is for us to help.

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239