[Tutor] need help

Matthew Ngaha chigga101 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 22:55:02 CET 2012

> If you got an error, quote it in full in your message (using copy/paste,
> not by retyping or paraphrasing.  As it stands, we don't know if the
> error was in bash, in csh, in cmd, or in Python, and if it was in
> python, we don''t know what version.
>
> > python3 -m http.server
>
> Where did you type that?  Was it in a shell, or the interpreter, or in
> IDLE, or someplace else complicated?
>

> You've already got one response showing it working with Python 3.3 on
> OSX.  it also works here, running Python 3.2 on Linux.  But you don't
> say what version, nor what OS.  I'd also ask what directory you're
> running it in.
>
> davea at think:~/temppython$ python3 -m http.server
> Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 8000 ...

i type it in both IDLE and CMD. in the directory where i made those .html
files, i held shift and right clicked to get the command line open. im on
windows vista. the i type that line in there. i use Python 3.1

also i made a .py file in that folder. opened it for editing, then pressed
F5 to run it., then type the code into IDLE's interactive interpreter.
which is where i got the invalid syntax error:

 SyntaxError: invalid syntax (<pyshell#0>, line 1)