[Tutor] need help

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 00:17:52 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Matthew Ngaha <chigga101 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> No, in your case it's
>>
>>     set PATH=%PATH%;D:\Data\Program Files Data\Py
>>
>> That's just a temporary modification for the current cmd process. It's
>> easiest to show how to change it permanently with screen captures;
>> search for "vista set path".
>

> i followed the instructions at
> http://banagale.com/changing-your-system-path-in-windows-vista.htm
>
> i added "D:\Data\Program Files Data\Py" to my variable value but i still get
> the same error that Py is not recognized:(

"Py" is a directory.

Once you've added the Python executable's directory to the path, you
can start the http.server module as a script by running the following:

    python -m http.server

Don't use "pythonw" in this case. The latter is associated with the
.pyw file extension, used for scripts that run without a console. For
example, IDLE is a GUI app that uses Tk widgets, so it doesn't need a
console. That's why it runs with "pythonw.exe".