[Tutor] Help with OOP!

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 01:58:29 CET 2012

On 30 October 2012 06:56, Pete <pete at radiokinetics.com> wrote:
> I’m taking this class on python at UCSC. They said this list could help. I
> don’t’ understand OOP and I’m having a hard time understanding the “scope”
> and why the def inside class are not like function –plus I can’t get my
> c-brain around the implicit typing. It looks like the interpreter does not
> want to return a tuple… why?

If you want help understanding Python in general then you should
choose a specific question and send that to the list. Give an example
of the code that you understand and the code that you don't and
explain what you expected to happen. Then it is possible for someone
to help.

Otherwise I suggest that you read the python tutorial:

  http://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/

for version 3 or, for version 2:

  http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/

> I don’t’ know if anybody can fix this, or offer a better solution to this
> problem.
>
> The code and assignment are attached.

I don't think anyone will be prepared to do your assignment for you
(or even to read the attachments and guess which part you are finding
difficult). If you want help you will need to ask for help with
something specific.

Oscar