[Tutor] Help with a SQL Statement

Bod Soutar bodsda at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:13:16 CET 2012

On Nov 18, 2012 11:30 AM, "Khalid Al-Ghamdi" <emailkgnow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I found one typo in 'Workshop&' which should be 'Workshop%' but it
still gives results containing majors with 'Customer%' and 'Warehouse%' in
them...

> On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Khalid Al-Ghamdi <emailkgnow at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi All,
>>
>> The SQL statement below doesn't return anything.. and I don't know
why... I've used the parans but still no luck. Any Suggestions?

>>     cur.execute("""select badge, name, stage, tc, major, package,
subject, course, sb_as from records where
>>                    sb_as = 0 and (subject like 'Workshop&' or subject
like 'Basic%' or subject like 'Introduction%') and
>>                    (major not like 'Customer%' or major not like
'Warehouse%') order by tc""")

>> Thanks

This is not a python issue, but shouldn't the last part of your where
clause be "major not like 'Customer%' and major not like 'Warehouse%'"

?

Bodsda