[Tutor] Beginner's question

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 01:30:35 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Dave Angel <d at davea.name> wrote:

> No, the question is what will Python3000 do.  Oh, wait, it's already
> out, and it's called 3.x  Since it's explicitly an error there, it seems
> good not to write new code using the misfeature.

I meant it along the lines of cross-compatibility in 2.x, for which
there is a default order defined in the code, but not defined by the
docs, as you pointed out to me. My question is whether the default
behavior of CPython in this case has been accepted as an implicit
spec. In this thread, both Joel and Oscar contributed code that
depends on None being less than any number. I've seen it elsewhere,
and I suspect it's common.