[Tutor] Listen for input while performing other tasks

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Nov 25 13:27:13 CET 2012

On 25/11/12 22:06, Sean Carolan wrote:
> I'm working on a python script that runs on a Raspberry Pi.  The script
> detects when hardware buttons are pressed, and then runs functions based on
> that input.

Oh I'm sorry, I completely misread what you wrote there. I didn't realise you
were talking about hardware buttons, rather than waiting for a key press. Total
brain-fart there on my part, sorry about that.

[...]
> So far I've only been able to come up with kludgy implementations with lots
> of short time.sleep() calls alternating with checks to see whether the
> buttons were pressed or not.

If you show us how you check whether the button is pressed, we may be able to
show you how to run that asynchronously.

--
Steven