[Tutor] html checker

Andre' Walker-Loud walksloud at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 21:38:07 CEST 2012

Dear Matthew,

> I don't need to hear how bad my programs are...either you are gonna help or your not...if you have questions about what i have wrote or why i wrote something someway ask...dont just jump to conclusions
>
> I forgot to include that i had to write a "stack" function in a "pythonbasic" file to import
> http://pastie.org/4892792
>
> Im here because i want to learn not to be fucking bashed...a few of the functions were copied from my book as they were required for other parts of the lab...so again if you have a problem with those other functions maybe you should take it up with the author...
>
> anyway i just don't know where to start to get the htmlChecker function to run...i am not a programmer by any means but is required to learn for my major...this is why im stuggling...i have networking experience not programming

Bob was not trying to bash you.
You clearly must be frustrated with your program, as your response was very intense and negative.
Try not to project your frustration with your program out on the people who are trying to help you.
Recall, those responding to the list are purely volunteers - they do what they do because they enjoy helping others learn about python - or feel like giving back to new people learning since they received help from this list and others.

In addition to helping you with the programming, the senior responders also try to teach you how to think about your problems better, including what information to include in such emails, so that they can help you.  Bob was pointing out that you have not included enough information in your original post for those on the list to help you.

May I suggest that you relieve your frustration on something local, and then try and see what information Bob was asking for that you can provide, so that people on the list can provide you with guidance and help.

Cheers,

Andre