[Tutor] Website form data input

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 7 01:41:57 CEST 2012

On 06/10/12 23:16, Selby Rowley-Cannon wrote:
>      I am aiming to write a program that inputs a list of codes into an
> HTML text field, ...but I don't know how to enter text into a text field in a
> website.

This is probably going to be much harder than you ever realized however....

You can use urllib to do this or one of the third party html
processing libraries. But a lot depends on the exact structure
of the web site.

pyquery might be helpful too although I confess I've only
looked at the docs and not actually used it yet....

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site