[Tutor] Website form data input

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Oct 7 03:13:29 CEST 2012

On 07/10/12 09:16, Selby Rowley-Cannon wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      I am aiming to write a program that inputs a list of codes into an
>  HTML text field, one by one, entering the next code if it is incorrect,
>but stopping when the code is correct. I've got down putting the codes
>into a list, and 'for' looping though it (maybe 'while' the entered code
>  is incorrect?) but I don't know how to enter text into a text field in a
>  website.

How will you know that the code is correct? If you already know which is
the correct code, why don't you just enter it the first time?

If you *literally* want to enter text into a text field in a website, then
you should look for the "mechanize" library, which should do what you want.

If you want something else, you'll need to explain what.

--
Steven