[Tutor] Help on Remote File Copy & Exection

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Thu Oct 25 21:29:29 CEST 2012

Arumugam N wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> First of the big thanks and congrats for managing such a brilliant online community. I am new to Python and have
> started getting the taste of python on my day to day work.
>
> I have a requirement and i am trying to solve it using python.
>
> I am from QA. Here is what i do daily and wanted to do with python automatically.
>
> 1. Revert the snapshot of a VM used for testing. - i have automated using pysphere

I would ask this on the pysphere discussion group:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/pysphere

> 2. Copy the build from share location to the VM - here i can have a python script run from the VM but is it
> possible to run it remotely? for example. if i run the script from Machine A, it should revert the snapshot of
> machine B and copy the build to Machine B from shared location.

You should be able to handle file transfer through some libraries,
but it depends on the OSes involved and how they are setup. You can
always transfer via FTP or SSH. If Machine B is a *nix box, you can
SSH in with Paramiko and then use scp/sftp/rsync to transfer and
run commands to restart the VM on machine B.

> 3. Run the installer and clikc Next Button of the installation GUI. - Any idea how to automate this ?

No idea, sorry.