[Tutor] For - if - else loop; print selective output

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 27 00:13:27 CEST 2012

On 26/10/12 20:38, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> On 26/10/2012 17:58, eryksun wrote:
>> Sorry, Saad; this is now *way* off topic...
>>
> Apart from blatant trolling nothing is off topic on any Python mailing
> list.

That's simply not true. The mailing lists mostly have clear topic areas.
This one is for learning the basic python language and standard library.

The fact that we allow threads to go way off-topic is an indication of
the tolerance of the Python community, but there is still very
definitely a theme and we have called a halt to off-topic posts in the
past and doubtless will do so again. But so long as it has at least some
link to the theme we generally let 'em through.

But a debate on the mating habits of the lesser spotted South American
warbler is probably gonna get stopped pretty soon. Unless of course
it involves them getting eaten by pythons... :-)

--
Alan G
list moderator