[Tutor] Running a script in the background

Michael Lewis mjolewis at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 05:29:35 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I am sorry to ask this when there are a lot of resources online regarding
the subject, but I've spent the past two days trying to figure this out and
I don't get it.

I have a script that will run forever. Since it runs forever, I don't want
to see the interpreter or command line. I want the program to run in the
background so I don't see it at all.

How can I do this? For some background, my script essentially check every x
minutes to see if any files have been updated and then moves them to
dropbox.

I want to be able to do this on both OSX Mountain Lion and Windows 7. If
need be, I can create two separate scripts to separate out the two OS's.

Thanks!

--
Michael J. Lewis