[Tutor] multi processes or threads?

Dwight Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 02:19:07 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com>wrote:

> On 03/09/12 22:32, Dwight Hutto wrote:
>
>> Think assembly, or procedural with this, and how the mind of a CPU
>> works. Instructional steps toward an endpoint.
>>
>> Your mind works the fastest when one problems is given, and is being
>> solved, otherwise allocation of certain areas take place in order to
>> find a rewarding solution.
>>
>> Not having used threads in the past, I would suggest that you know there
>> has to be either equal allocation of time, or priority based in order to
>> perform each procedure given in threading, until there is a final result.
>>   I'm working on AI for a robot and because I'm not sure what direction
>> to go I'll use the term "thread" to illustrate my question, realizing
>> threads may not be what I'm looking for.
>> My first thought I'm working on AI for a robot and because I'm not sure
>> what direction to go I'll use the term "thread" to illustrate my question,
>> realizing threads may not be what I'm looking for. on giving computers
>> imagination was monkeys banging on
>> a keyboard, until Shakespeare shot out(Me thinks it a weasel). Now it's
>> interlocking molecular vectors, and run simulations which is much more
>> difficult, but defined algorithmically, and procedurally, unless you
>> network several cpus and allocate to each a specific
>> thought/theory/hypothesis to process.
>>

> I have no idea what all that means!
> Nor how it relates to the OPs question.
>

>From the OP:

 I'm working on AI for a robot and because I'm not sure what direction to
go I'll use the term "thread" to illustrate my question, realizing threads
may not be what I'm looking for.

Tell me Alan, what is threading within a CPU, coming from a higher level
language, that passes through a processor executing one instruction at time
from the instruction pointer, unless otherwise designed from multiple
instructions through separate cpu's(i.e. real thread commands)?

--
Best Regards,
David Hutto