[Tutor] Python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 6 11:21:06 CEST 2012

On 19/08/12 21:42, Andrew Rosen wrote:
> I have a Windows Computer and I'm trying to make a shortcut on my
> desktop that will run a program, so I don't have to open up a New Window
> form Python Shell and use that to run the program. I can't figure out
> how to do it, can you help me?

Create a shortcut to the python script in Windows explorer and drag that
to your desktop.

If python is installed properly you should be able to double click it
and python will run it.

If it's a console program you might need to add a line at the end like

raw_input('hit enter to quit')  # python v2.x
input('hit enter to quit')  # python v3.x

To prevent the program closing before you can see it.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site