[Tutor] Making big 'uns into little 'uns

Dave Angel d at davea.name
Thu Sep 6 16:15:42 CEST 2012

On 09/06/2012 09:56 AM, Ray Jones wrote:
> I have a multiple 'if' expression that I need to drastically reduce in
> size, both for readability and to keep errors from creeping in.
>
> For example, I would like to have the variable 'test' point to the a
> location 'grid[rcount-1][ccount-1]' so that everywhere I would use
> 'grid.....', I could replace it with 'test' How would I accomplish that?
>
> Thanks.

Easiest way:   switch to C++

There is no preprocessor in Python, and no addresses.  There are some
places you could fake such stuff, but not the expression you have.

If I HAD to do something like this for Python, I'd write a
preprocessor.  But one reason I came to Python is its elegance, and a
preprocessor isn't elegant.

--

DaveA